Electrical Testing and Repair Services in New Jersey
If you are looking for an electrical repair company in New Jersey, look no further than DK Electrical Solutions. Our South Jersey electricians specialize in troubleshooting and repairing complicated electrical issues, outlets that have stopped working, lights are flickering, a burning smell coming from an outlet, and more. We provide a thorough inspection and perform electrical testing to check for any faults with your system. With our electrical repair services, you will be offered a warranty for peace of mind.
Click to Jump to a Page Section:
How Do I Know if I Need to Call an Electrician for Home Electrical Repair?
There are a few signs that may indicate you need to call an electrician for a repair. If you notice flickering lights, outlets, or switches that don’t work, or circuit breakers that trip frequently, it’s best to seek professional help. Additionally, if you smell burning or notice sparks coming from your electrical system, it’s crucial to shut off power to the affected area and call an electrician immediately. Attempting to fix electrical problems on your own can be dangerous and can lead to further damage or even injury. A licensed and experienced electrician can troubleshoot the issue and provide safe and effective repairs to get your home’s electrical system back to working properly.
Signs You Need Electrical Repair
- Your house is the only one on the block without power
- Your appliances turn off randomly
- You have dead light switches
- You have dead outlets
- You experience frequent circuit breaker trips
- You have dim or flickering lights
Electrical Safety Inspections
A home safety inspection provides a thorough examination of your entire electrical system and is important for the integrity of the home and everyone in it. After the electrical safety inspection is complete, we provide a detailed checklist for items that need immediate attention and recommendations for improvements or upgrades. It is recommended to get an electrical safety inspection when a home is more than 30 years old, has a major renovation, when you buy a home, or when adding a new appliance.
Reasons Why New Homeowners Should Get a Home Electrical Safety Inspection
- Ensure Safety: A thorough inspection can help identify any electrical hazards, such as outdated wiring or faulty circuits, that may pose a risk to the safety of you and your family.
- Save Money: Early detection of potential issues can save you from costly repairs down the line. A small investment now can prevent major expenses in the future.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your electrical system is in good working order can provide you with peace of mind and eliminate any worries about potential electrical hazards.
Don’t wait until something goes wrong. Contact DK Electrical Solutions today to schedule a home electrical safety inspection and keep your home and family safe.
We offer electrical repair options on every project to try and fit everyone’s budget. For instance, for a job like a troubleshooting or electrical repair call for outlets not working we will offer 3 different options:
- Band-aid fix, where we locate the problem and fix it. (30-day warranty)
- Circuit restoration, where we remove all the devices on the faulty circuit, repair all connections, and replace devices with new ones. (3-year warranty)
- Premium Circuit Restoration, where we do the same as above, but include an arc fault breaker that protects the circuit from starting a fire if it should ever fail (5-year warranty).
Troubleshooting Home Electrical
Electrical troubleshooting is the process of identifying and solving electrical problems in your home. As a homeowner, you may encounter issues such as flickering lights, tripped breakers, or electrical outlets that do not work. These home electrical problems can be frustrating and potentially dangerous if left unresolved.
At DK Electrical Solutions, our team of master electricians has the expertise and equipment needed to diagnose and fix any electrical issue in your home. We use advanced electrical testing tools to accurately pinpoint the root cause of the problem.
What are the Most Common Causes of Electrical Problems in the Home?
- One of the primary causes of electrical problems in the home is overloading circuits, which occurs when too many appliances or devices are plugged into a single outlet or circuit. This can lead to tripped breakers or blown fuses.
- Another common cause of home electrical problems is faulty wiring, which can result in electrical shocks, fires, and other hazards. Old or outdated wiring can also cause electrical problems, as can issues with electrical panels, switches, and outlets.
- Finally, weather and natural disasters can cause electrical problems, such as power outages or damage to electrical equipment.
If you are experiencing electrical problems in your home, it is important to contact a professional electrician who can diagnose and repair the issue safely and effectively.
What Safety Precautions Should Be Taken When Working With Electricity?
When working with electricity, it is important to take safety precautions to prevent electric shock or fire. Here are some basic safety measures that should be followed:
- Turn off the power supply before starting any electrical repair work.
- Wear rubber-soled shoes or boots to avoid electrical shock.
- Use insulated tools when working with live wires or circuits.
- Keep electrical equipment and tools in good condition.
- Avoid working on wet surfaces or with wet hands.
- Do not touch electrical equipment, wires, or terminals with bare hands.
- Do not attempt to repair or modify any electrical equipment without proper training or knowledge.
- Install ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) in areas where water is present, such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- Do not overload circuits or extension cords.
- Keep flammable materials away from electrical equipment.
How do I identify Which Circuit Breaker Controls Which Outlet in My House?
Identifying a specific circuit breaker in your house can be a bit tricky but there are a few steps you can follow to make the process easier.
First, turn off all the electronic devices connected to the outlet you want to identify. Then, locate your circuit breaker box and look for the switch or switches that are in the “off” position. Turn on one of the switches and ask someone to check the outlet while you hold a lamp or something that emits light close to it. If the outlet is still not working, turn the switch off and try the next one until you find the right one.
It’s important to note that some circuit breakers control multiple outlets, so you may need to repeat this process for other outlets in the same area.
If you’re having trouble identifying which circuit breaker controls which outlet or have any electrical troubleshooting issues, contact DK Electrical Solutions for professional assistance.
How Can I Tell If a Circuit Breaker Needs to be Replaced?
There are a few signs that may indicate a circuit breaker needs to be replaced. These include:
- Frequent tripping: If your circuit breaker trips often, it could be a sign that it’s worn out and needs to be replaced.
- Burning smell: If you notice a burning smell coming from your electrical panel, it could be a sign of a faulty circuit breaker.
- Corrosion: If you see rust or corrosion on the circuit breaker, it could be a sign that it’s no longer functioning properly.
- Age: Circuit breakers have a lifespan of around 20-30 years. If your breaker is approaching or exceeding this age, it may be time for a replacement.
If you’re unsure whether your circuit breaker needs to be replaced, it’s best to consult with a licensed electrician to assess the situation and provide a professional recommendation.
Contact the Best Rated Electrical Repair Service Company in South Jersey for Electrical Repairs
Make sure you hire a qualified master electrician for your electrical repair services. They will ensure your electrical problems are solved, and you’re not at any risk with your electrical system. The action is important to both residential and commercial individuals.
We have skilled electrical repair professionals to help you at an affordable cost and guarantee customer satisfaction.
Submit Contact Form Today!