Electrical Panel Service Upgrades
Home Electrical Panel Repair and Electrical Panel Service Upgrades Near South Jersey
DK Electrical Solutions has you covered! Contact us for a free on-site estimate on the cost to upgrade an electrical panel!
DK Electrical Solutions will help you move your electrical system into the modern world with our Service and Panel Upgrades. The standard for household power was once 60 amps. But modern homes may need as many as 200 amps to run air conditioners, computer equipment, high-definition televisions, and high-tech home automation devices. Your old electrical panel might not be able to handle the demand of all your new-age gadgets and appliances, which could put you at risk for an electrical failure or worse – fire.
Do you need to upgrade your home electrical panel near South Jersey?
Your home’s electrical service panel is both the heart and brains of the entire system and without it performing at 100% every day, you’re putting your home at risk.
- Is your home more than 30 years old?
- Are your lights flickering or dimming?
- Do you have tripping breakers?
- Is your panel full with no room for future expansion?
- Is the meter box rusty?
- Do you smell burning or see scorch marks around outlets?
- Is the electric cable on the outside of your house frayed or blistered?
- Need 300 amp service panel upgrades?
If you answered YES to any of these, it’s time for an electrical panel upgrade or electrical panel repairs! Call today and find out how much for a panel upgrade in your home or business near South Jersey.
Electrical Panel Upgrades for Every Budget
We have electrical panel services to fit everyone’s budget. We offer 5 different service upgrade packages that range in price and warranty. Each option utilizes different materials which can make it nicer and longer-lasting and protect your home better. We offer financing options for all of our service and panel upgrades!
QO versus Homeline Electrical Panels
Keeping the electrical supply system functioning in top condition can help you cut down on electric power bills and ensure all your appliances are safe from any form of damage. This guide looks at some of the best electrical panel types, their benefits, drawbacks, and more.
It refers to a particular type of circuit breaker that is fast and highly efficient for power supply applications. Plus, the circuit breaker ranks among some of the quickest opening breakers in the electrical industry. The breaker features a visual trip indicator that you can use to detect any issues in its functionality.
Buss Bars Made Using Tin Copper:
These are excellent for setting up rigid power connections. These types are ideal for carrying electrical signals around. Remember that they are not suitable for use where you need flexible connections or have battery terminals.
- Shielded Buss bars: A buss bar is important because it works to distribute energy in various types of electrical systems. These include usage in places such as buildings, warehouses, trade fairs, and more.
- Suitable for Both Single and Three Phase: The single-phase power system works to calibrate the supply of power to a system based on specific factors. Usually, it’s used in most homes because it’s highly efficient and easy to manage. They are suitable for powering tools, fans, heaters, TVs, and more. The three-phase types have three alternating currents that feature different electric services. Each leg of the current can attain varying maximum voltage levels.
- Surface and Flush Are Sold As Separate Units: You may have to get the covers as part of the auxiliary accessory set for this unit. The cover’s benefit is that it is used when installing the load center on a wall’s surface. Plus, it’s also suitable when you mount the load center flush for setup and installation ease.
- Available in both traditional (Non-PoN) and PoN (Plug-On Neutral): These are options that provide the best of both worlds. The benefit of these types is that you can easily install them at specific distances on the side of the buss bars. Plus, you won’t also have to set up a pigtail connection for the entire set up.
- QO PoN Panels are Not Compatible with Tandems: Tandem panels are an essential aspect of the electrical set up. However, you may not be able to use them when using the QO PoN panels.
These are commonly used in residential settings and can only support single-phase systems.
Buss Bars are Tin Plated:
The benefit of using tin-plated aluminum buss bars is that they offer high corrosion resistance, excellent conductivity, compactness, and excellent heat dissipation. However, the copper types are much better because they can last longer durations and provide excellent conductivity benefits.
- Non-Shielded Buss Bars: You may have to seek consultation from an electrical expert to use this system for the best installation result. The lack of shielded buss bars means that electrical connection is prone to issues such as short-circuiting.
- Compatible with Single Phase: Even if it’s still available only in single-phase, you can still use the right way to make the most of your electrical connections.
- Combination, Surface/Flush cover ONLY and comes standard with load centers: It also features a surface and flush cover that helps ensure the entire set up is free of exposure to elements such as dust, water, and more. The standard load centers are simple to manage but don’t provide the same benefits as the high-end types.
- Innovative Convertible, double row construction, Homeline load centers are Plug-On Neutral design: The convertible design means that you can easily change the functions of this system to suit different panels. Also, the double row construction is highly convenient and makes it easy to use dual tandems. With the unique homeline load centers, you are sure of a reliable panel for residential use and more.
- QO PoN panels do not accept tandems: Tandem breakers are highly essential resources, but they are only useful when using them on the right slots. However, since these types won’t accept tandems, you can easily customize them to suit your specific electrical supply needs.
- Excellent Split Branch Placement: These types are excellent because they provide high-end electrical distribution benefits. Plus, they often have an alternating current system, which is similar to the three-wire direct systems. Plus, the benefit of these systems is that they help save conductor material compared to the single-phase systems.
Beware of Sub-Standard Electrical Panels
Electrical panels are components with many parts, and they require maintenance, primarily when used in the long term. It’s especially true if you use old panels and over two decades old.
Get in touch with DK electrical to get help with the following panel types:
- • Federal Pacific Electric: According to information from the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission classifies this safety issue as the most common issue in using the panels. Plus, these are the types installed between 1950 and 1980, with such old components being prone to electrical damage.
- • Zinsco Electrical: Fortunately, these types were released from the market in the 1970s. In most cases, they have defective structures that let power flow when you switch off the circuit breakers which can lead to fires.
If you have either of these brands of electrical panels, contact us immediately to replace these dangerous electrical panels.
Frequently Asked Questions About Electrical Panel Upgrades
Upgrading an electrical panel may involve replacing an old panel with a newer version, or it may mean installing a larger panel with connections for more breakers. Or, the upgrade may be to switch from 100 amp to 200 amp service. So, your electrical service panel upgrade cost
will depend on the type of upgrade, the type of panel, and the overall scope of the project. Ask your New Jersey DK Electrical Solutions expert for the specific cost of service panel upgrade
you need for your home.
Upgrading an electrical panel can usually be expected to take from 4 to 8 hours, depending on the extent of the project. It can take significantly longer than 8 hours for electrical panel upgrade service
is necessary. Your DK Electrical Solutions master electrician can help you with information to contrast the estimated cost of your project with the average cost to upgrade electrical service panels.
Having your home’s electricity running through a new electrical panel
helps ensure that you and your family will enjoy greater safety, security, comfort, and convenience. It gives you a reliably consistent flow of electricity powering all your electrical equipment and devices, including hardwired smoke detectors, security alarm systems, HVAC, lighting
, appliances, entertainment systems, computers, etc. Plus, you’ll be able to add additional electrical devices to improve your modern lifestyle even more.
There are many hazards in older homes due to outdated electrical panels. Generally, residential electric panels should be updated at least every 25 to 40 years. In new homes with families finding they need more electrical capacity than they have, an upgrade from 100 amp to 200 amp service may be necessary. Replacing an old panel or low-capacity panel that is overwhelmed by a home’s modern electrical needs can help significantly improve safety, security, comfort, and convenience for its occupants.
An old breaker panel or fuse box is much more likely to fail, leaving you without electricity for days or longer while waiting to have the problem assessed and a new panel installed. So, electrical panel repair
is not recommended for old breaker boxes. Normally, you should expect to replace the electrical panel in a home every 25 to 40 years, depending on variables specific to the house and area.
Updating the panel also enables you to upgrade other components to build an optimally safe and ideally functioning electrical system in an older home. For example, you can add whole-house surge protection to your electrical system through the electrical panel, to prevent damage or destruction of your computer or other electronics.
The normal life expectancy for a residential electrical panel is between 25 and 40 years. The time range for the lifespan of breaker panels is so wide because of the extreme variability of circumstances for individual panels. For example, the varying degrees of use between home electrical systems, power surge problems in some areas, and some specific homes, potential defects in panels, among other differences.
In any of the above and other scenarios, an electrical panel older than 25 years puts your home and its occupants at risk. If you prefer not to replace electrical panel
equipment because it may function well for another decade or more, you should at least have an electrical inspection
performed by a licensed master electrician, to confirm that everything in the panel box is in good working condition.
We offer a series of service upgrade packages that range in price and warranty that will suit the wants and needs of every homeowner needing an electrical panel upgrade.
Service cable upgrades and electrical panel upgrades are one of the most highly sought-after services we provide because we do it unlike any other competitor out there. We install the highest quality electrical panels, circuit breakers, and materials that can possibly be sourced.
We give the customer options with our packages which are virtually unheard of in this industry and each one has a warranty some of which have a lifetime warranty.
For information or to schedule a free onsite estimate, call DK Electrical Solutions, Inc. at (609) 796-4177, or contact us here online for a prompt response!